At Bundaleer we work hard to give you freedom of choice and provide personalised care and support for all. By providing the complete continuum of care, we are able to foster independence, security and comfort for all, creating a real sense of community and belonging.
‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update’ Monday March 6, 2020
“Bundaleer is continuing to closely monitor the status of COVID-19 through the information and directives being communicated by the Australian Government.
As part of our preparedness and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented precautionary measures to ensure the wellbeing on our clients and residents in our care, their families and staff.
These precautionary measures include:
• Implementation of the latest best infection prevention and control practices, in accordance with Department of Health guidelines for COVID-19;
• Further mandatory training for all staff on COVID-19, use of personal protective equipment and competency of hand-washing;
• Restriction of visitors, contractors and suppliers into our Residential Care Homes, with only next-of-kin allowed to visit under controlled conditions;
• All non-essential meetings and activities have been cancelled, and any internal activities will be limited to very small groups at a time; and
• Increased frequency of cleaning throughout our Care Homes.
It takes a community effort to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19, and you can help protect our most vulnerable by observing the following steps:
• Travelling from overseas – all travellers from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Australia;
• Medical symptoms – fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath;
• Social distancing – avoid large gatherings, close contact and handshaking; and
• Hand-hygiene – wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after accessing public areas, before and after eating and after going to the toilet. Avoid touching your face with your hands and if you need to cough, cough into the crook of your elbow. Dispose of all used tissues and use alcohol-based hand sanitisers, where there are no hand-washing facilities.
Above all, if you are unwell with any of the above symptoms AND have recently travelled overseas, please do not visit any Bundaleer site. Our priority is the wellbeing of those in our care.”
Like to find out more about Bundaleer? Call, email or just pop in for coffee. We would love to meet you!